Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Goods and Bads of My Job

The current job that I work for is the only job I had. Some of the responsibilities I had that was enjoyable were doing customer service, back stocking clothes, loading and shipping boxes, and some experience of doing cashier. Some of the responsibilities I had that I did not care for were breaking down boxes and taking out trash, refilling clothes on the sales floor, and handling the fitting room. What made the job enjoyable was working with my colleagues, and interacting with customers. What I did not enjoy was working with my head manager, and working on days when there were not a lot of customers because I would just have to sit there or act like I was fixing clothes that were already fixed. Talking with my head manager is very stressful due to the fact that she always has a lot to say. Even the simplest conversations or questions that require succinct statements end up being carried on for up to thirty minutes of my work time. Skills I developed from working there that will be useful in my internship are being reliable because anytime my managers needed me; they always knew they could call me in or ask me to stop what I was doing on the sales floor and help. Another is being respectful, which was a huge issue for me coming into that job but overtime, I developed it. From my job, I learned that the best thing I can do is just listen and follow what my managers had to say instead of trying to argue or find problems with every issue or piece of feedback or job that was given to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment