Sunday, November 27, 2011

The Occupy Movement

Honestly, I don't really understand the occupy movement, so I cant make a good connection. What I see in both is that lower class people are struggling and trying to make a stand because they don't feel they are being treated fair. At the same time, the upper class are just ignoring what issues are being raised by the lower class, and moving on with trying to build over the problem. The people sleeping in the bank vault remind me of the people camping in Oakland. To me, it connects because both parties are being allowed to sleep in areas they're not supposed to be in. I think they were allowed to be there because they are both standing for something that obviously needed to be addressed. If the lower class doesn't stand up for themselves, they will continue to be treated unfairly, more people will lose assetts, and we will have a repeat of the great depression.

No comments:

Post a Comment